Piercing/Tattoo and Jewellery Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18?

+2
Admin
Alexi-rose
6 posters

Go down

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18? Empty Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18?

Post  Alexi-rose Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:49 am

My daughter has been after a belly piercing since she was 9..some other kid at school had one so of coure so did she. I put my foot down said 'hell no not til youre 18 then you can pierce whateve you want!' Too harsh do you think? Her dad had tat's all over the place and a couple of piercings but Im not so sure he will want his little girl following in his foot steps..what age is it ok..?
Alexi-rose
Alexi-rose

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Back to top Go down

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18? Empty it's the parents choice

Post  Admin Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:59 am

i think it's up to the parent personally, i think some kids get pierced to young, at my studio we have consent forms and if your under 16 you have to have a parent sign for you, had a girl with her mum the other day she was only 14 and got her navel pierced, man i think that's to young.
I was 26 when i got my first tat and 28 when i got my first piercing. affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-17

http://spiked.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18? Empty Re: Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18?

Post  demonic Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:57 am

Well, ive had my belly done since i was 14. Personally i dont think the belly is such a big deal, its not onj your face, and can be covered very easily. THe one thing i was annoyed with at that age was how long it took to heal. Navels can take up to a year, so the proper care needs to be taken Smile

BUt, a parents decision should be final alien

demonic

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18? Empty Re: Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18?

Post  wenzz1 Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:23 pm

I let my daughter have her naval done at 13 as it was able to be hidden, She got her tounge done at 16, And had her first tattoo done at 18, I think Under 18 for a tattoo is to young but piercings are up to idividual I think.. I never got my first tattoo till i was nearly 40 so each to there own... tattoos are forever lasting so you need to be sure.. scratch
wenzz1
wenzz1

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18? Empty ....

Post  mynamespearl Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:31 am

im 15 years old. i got my bellybutton when i was 13. my tounge when i was 14, my lip when i was 15 an im just about to turn 16 and have the other labret done. i also recently got a tat. BUT,onlt because my mummy aloud me and took me to get them. i think belly buttons okay at a young age. but any others depends entirely on the parents. i want heaps more peircings but my parents are a bit warey on anymore until i leav home
mynamespearl
mynamespearl

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18? Empty hmm

Post  Alexi-rose Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:09 am

I agree with the tat's..god I would love to get one something small and sappy like a little white kitten but Im not sure I can get one..do they do white? That and Im the worlds biggest girls blouse id probably pass out before the needle touched me haha!! Have spoken to my daughter about it she is happy to wait til shes older but I have brought down the age a bit to around 15 or 16..I said it will depend on what it is she wants pierced and whether or not she has shown me she is mature enough to keep it clean etc.. Didnt want to sound like an old nag lol but I dont want to be a mother who gives too much freedom either.. trying to be firm and fair..
Alexi-rose
Alexi-rose

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18? Empty yeh

Post  mynamespearl Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:54 pm

yehhh thats fair enuff.i agree with that:D
yeah they do all different colours. i had white in mine, but the scab took it off. so i have to go back and get it fixed
mynamespearl
mynamespearl

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Is it too harsh to tell your kids they cant have a piercing til they are 18? Empty 18

Post  Whitu Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:26 am

I have no probs with ears, its well accepted. I let my 15 year old daughter get her navel done (by SPIKED)
with the rest my children can wait till their 18, then they can get screwed, blued and tattooed all they like. Twisted Evil

Whitu

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  demonic Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:46 pm

White eh....its a hard colour to have if you dont have a darker toned skin. I cant have it, coz im too white (scottish lines) and yeah it can fade dramatically wit the peeling/scabbing. i wouldnt think of a white tattoo as a permanent mod, unless it was amoungst contrasting colours.

demonic

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down